“I find the DSBC is a very effective chamber for small business owners that really want to network long-term with other business owners. In my brief year with the organization, I have established more meaningful relationships than I have with any other over the past 7 years. Finally, I feel like I am part of the group, and not an anonymous member.” Ed Rainier, MBA – Nationwide Financial Network
For a list of benefits at a glance click here
The Delaware Small Business Chamber provides a variety of opportunities for business promotion, networking, and service to the community through its committees, and programs and events.
Here are the many benefits that DSBC members can take advantage of:
- Healthcare benefits support (we have members that help you navigate the systems)
- Payroll Service cost reduction
- Electric cost reduction (and other core business expense reductions though our members)
- Networking with business owners and decision makers
- 6-Top Mingle referral program
- Bulk advertising benefits
- Grand Opening or Special Anniversary Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- Monthly Spotlight
- Blue Ribbon Awards and Employee Recognition
- Need-A-Service reverse referral program
- Free Business listings on Directory
- Extensive Circles of Influence Referral Program
- Discounted Constant Contact Program
- Interaction with active board of directors
- Business to Business Events
- Business to Consumer FunFest Event
- Sponsorship Opportunities for enhanced recognition.
- All-Member Ambassador Program
See below for more details on several of the benefits above.
The lifeblood of the Chamber is how this chamber brings business leaders together and well as helping our business members get more from the LOCAL community as well as fellow members. The Delaware Small Business Chamber has developed several benefits, many of which are not being done by anyone else, to help our members.
The Chamber also is a key resource for businesses, offering networking and promotional opportunities, along with development and member services, to businesses. We want to change the way people use a chamber for business, personal needs as well as in partnership with other organizations at the local, state and Federal levels.
LONG TERM GOALS:
- Be a main resource for people, both business and consumer, to use this chamber to find products and services that they need through our reverse referral system – Need-a-Service and the Circles of Influence Section.
- Provide scholarships to people who we hope have an intention of starting and building a new business in Delaware.
- Provide one-time grants to emerging small businesses that may need it for a small economic support.
- To be a bridge and resource to people wanting to start a new businesses or move a business to Delaware and surrounding communities and work with the people to help them find space and create jobs in these areas.
- Create and conduct new programs that continue to build relationships, mentor-ships, camaraderie, and economic benefits to our members and between our members.
- build a network of small businesses to have a strong relationship with larger companies and local officials.
Some of our benefits include:
INSURANCE BENEFITS: The Delaware Small Business Chamber believes our members deserve the best insurance programs they can have. As a paid member you may request from us to have our insurance members quote you FAIR, HONEST and the most competitive insurance prices including auto, workman’s comps, health, dental, business and other insurance needs. The Delaware Small Business Chamber will NOT make a dime on ANY insurance premiums by its members. Our Insurance company members will work with you directly to get you the best prices possible. NO other insurance company in Delaware, by Delaware law, can promise to pool your company with others to get you a better rate. The benefit to you, as a member of this chamber, is that several insurance agents will work on getting you the best deal possible.
ADVERTISING BENEFITS: The Delaware Small Business Chamber offers low cost advertising programs on the DSBChamber.com website. Our advertising program is affordable and stands out more than most other organization. When a possible consumer sees your ad, they are interested in reading it and doing business.
Other advertising benefits include:
- Group buying of TV, Radio or print advertising, billboards and Internet advertising that our members are able to participate in to lower their advertising bills.
- DSBC Calendar Each year, members are encouraged to take pictures that represent their companies in a fun or serious way. A committee will chose 12 winners and a variety of “honorable mentions” to create a fun local small business calendar to promote buying and supporting small businesses to the public. Funds from the sale of the calendars will go to the Chamber’s Grant Fund to support new and emerging businesses in $100, 250, or up to $500 as a one-time grants.
NETWORKING: We host at least one networking event per month upstate and another downstate for all members and non-members to attend. As part of our membership fees, most of our events are FREE. There are a few exceptions throughout the year where we have a very nominal fee. Our networking events are attended by mostly business owners and decision makers.
Other networking events and programs include:
- 6-Top Mingle Our one-of-a-kind breakfast, lunch or evening mingle will bring 6 companies together for breakfast, lunch or dinner one time to learn about each other and see how one another can help work together to expand each business. Each member will be able to choose one group to join each session, and would have the ability to meet with up to 120 new businesses over the course of a year. Different and stronger than a referral group and more powerful than the one-on-one.
- Blue Ribbon Awards and Employee Recognition Brunch Every Year we have an annual brunch celebrating the best chamber members in a variety of categories. We also have 2 awards that honor our member’s employers or support people. Members also have an opportunity to sponsor parts of the event for advertising and marketing recognition.
- Annual Delaware FunFest Featuring the Scrapple Recipe Cook-Off Each year, the Delaware Small Business Chamber hosts anfd organizes a consumer event to bring thousands of consumers to our small businesses chamber members and some non-member business to let the public know how they can support LOCAL small businesses in our area. We have vendors, food trucks, family events, entertainment and our ever growing Championship Scrapple Recipe Cook-Off. Check out www.dsbcfunfest.com for details. Funds from this event will be used to donate Scholarships to students and adults attending our local colleges and universities.